A collection of (mostly) free open source backup utilities, recovery managers and software for linux and ubuntu sourced under a creative commons. This list will be updated regularly. This list will be updated regularly. This list will be updated regularly. Email over the URL, if you wish to be included.
- Amanda – Client-server model backup tool.
- Attic – A deduplicating backup program written in Python.
- Bacula – Another Client-server model backup tool.
- Bareos – A fork of Bacula backup tool.
- Barman – Backup and Recovery Manager for disaster recovery of PostgreSQL servers.
- Backuppc – Client-server model backup tool with file pooling scheme.
- Brebis – A fully automated backup checker.
- Bup – Incremental backups with rolling checksums, git packfiles, de-duplication, and a FUSE filesystem.
- Burp – Network backup and restore program.
- Duplicati – Multiple backends, encryption, web-ui and multi-OS backup tool.
- Duplicity – Encrypted bandwidth-efficient backup using the rsync algorithm.
- FreeFileSync – Folder comparison and synchronization tool.
- Lsyncd – File Monitor which spawns a process to synchronize the changes (rsync by default).
- restic – Fast, secure, efficient backup program
- Rsnapshot – Filesystem Snapshotting Utility.
- SafeKeep – Centralized pull-based backup using
- Snebu – Snapshot backup with global multi-client deduplication and transparent compression.
- UrBackup – Another client-server backup system.
- ZBackup – A versatile deduplicating backup tool.
Tags: Backup, linux backup, backup software, recovery managers, deduplicating backup, filesystem snapshot, network backup, restore program, automated backup checker, client server backup, backup utilities, open source, amanda, attic, bacula, bareos, barman, brebis, bup, burp, duplicati, duplicity, freeFileSync, lsynd, restic, safekeep, zbackup,
License: Awesome sysadmin – This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License | Added tags and Introduction. Image: unsplash License.