A collection of free and open source tools, scripts and software for network distributed filesystems, network file storage, network file systems and distributed storage. Sourced under a creative commons. This list will be updated regularly. Email over the URL, if you wish to be included.
Network distributed filesystems.
- Ceph – Distributed object store and file system.
- DRBD – Distributed Replicated Block Device.
- LeoFS – Unstructured object/data storage and a highly available, distributed, eventually consistent storage system.
- GlusterFS – Scale-out network-attached storage file system.
- HDFS – Distributed, scalable, and portable file-system written in Java for the Hadoop framework.
- Lustre – A type of parallel distributed file system, generally used for large-scale cluster computing.
- MooseFS – Fault tolerant, network distributed file system.
- MogileFS – Application level, network distributed file system.
- OpenAFS – Distributed network file system with read-only replicas and multi-OS support.
- TahoeLAFS – secure, decentralized, fault-tolerant, peer-to-peer distributed data store and distributed file system.
- XtreemFS – XtreemFS is a fault-tolerant distributed file system for all storage needs.
Tags: open source, open source filesystems, open source distributed file systems, network distributed filesystems, network file storage, network file systems, distributed storage, distributed object store, distributed file system, network distributed file system, distributed data store, distributed file system, fauilt tolerant distributed file system
License: Awesome sysadmin – This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 ShareAlike International License | Added: tags and Introduction. Image: unsplash License.