A collection of free and open source tools, scripts and software for name servers, DNS servers, DHCP and TFTP services, DNS resolvers, authority name server, DNSSEC and more. Sourced under a creative commons. This list will be updated regularly. Email over the URL, if you wish to be included.
Open source tools, scripts and software for name servers, DNS servers, DHCP and TFTP services, DNS resolvers, authority name server, DNSSEC and more
Network distributed filesystems.
- Bind – The most widely used name server software.
- djbdns – A collection of DNS applications, including tinydns.
- Designate – DNS REST API that support several DNS servers as its backend.
- dnsmasq – A lightweight service providing DNS, DHCP and TFTP services to small-scale networks.
- Knot – High performance authoritative-only DNS server.
- NSD – Authoritative only, high performance, simple name server.
- PowerDNS – DNS server with a variety of data storage back-ends and load balancing features.
- Unbound – Validating, recursive, and caching DNS resolver.
- Yadifa – Lightweight authoritative Name Server with DNSSEC capabilities powering the .eu top-level domain.
Tags: nameserver software, dns applications, tinydns, dns rest api, dns servers, DHCP services, TFTP services, DNS resolvers, authority name server, DNSSEC
License: Awesome sysadmin – This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 ShareAlike International License | Added: tags and Introduction. Image: unsplash License.