A collection of free and open source network, application, snmp, event, server monitoring software, clients, tools and plugins for unix / linux and web based. Sourced under a creative commons. This list will be updated regularly. Email over the URL, if you wish to be included.
Network, application, snmp, event, server monitoring software, clients, tools and plugins for unix / linux
- Alerta – Distributed, scaleable and flexible monitoring system.
- Canopsis – Opensource Hypervision and Data Aggregation Software
- Cacti – Web-based network monitoring and graphing tool.
- Cabot – Monitoring and alerts, similar to PagerDuty.
- Centreon – IT infrastructure and application monitoring for service performance.
- check_mk – Collection of extensions for Nagios.
- Flapjack – Monitoring notification routing & event processing system.
- Icinga – Fork of Nagios.
- LibreNMS – fork of Observium.
- Monit – Small Open Source utility for managing and monitoring Unix systems.
- Munin – Networked resource monitoring tool.
- Naemon – Network monitoring tool based on the Nagios 4 core with performance enhancements and new features.
- Nagios – Computer system, network and infrastructure monitoring software application.
- Node-Bell – Real-time anomalies detection for periodic time series, metrics monitor.
- Observium – SNMP monitoring for servers and networking devices. Runs on linux.
- Opsview – Based on Nagios 4, Opsview Core is ideal for small IT and test environments.
- Riemann – Flexible and fast events processor allowing complex events/metrics analysis.
- Sensu – Open source monitoring framework.
- Sentry – Application monitoring, event logging and aggregation.
- Serverstats – A simple tool for creating graphs using rrdtool. (source on github)
- Seyren – An alerting dashboard for Graphite.
- Shinken – Another monitoring framework.
- Xymon – Network monitoring inspired by Big Brother.
- Zabbix – Enterprise-class software for monitoring of networks and applications.
- Zenoss – Application, server, and network management platform based on Zope.
- Adagios – Web based Nagios configuration interface.
- Dash – A low-overhead monitoring web dashboard for a GNU/Linux machine.
- Thruk – Multibackend monitoring web interface with support for Naemon, Nagios, Icinga and Shinken.
- Uchiwa – Simple dashboard for the Sensu monitoring framework.
- OMD – The Open Monitoring Distribution.
Tags: open source, network monitoring software, application monitoring software, snmp monitoring software, event monitoring software, server monitoring software, network monitoring tools linux, application monitoring tools, snmp monitoring tools, event monitoring tools, server monitoring tools, linux network monitoring tools linux, linux application monitoring tools, linux snmp monitoring tools, linux event monitoring tools, linux server monitoring tools
License: Awesome sysadmin – This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 ShareAlike International License | Added: tags and Introduction. Image: unsplash License.