A collection of free and open source code editors and IDE’s for web developers, website designers, software developers and programmers. Sourced under a creative commons. This list will be updated regularly. This list will be updated regularly. Email over the URL, if you wish to be included.
Open source code editors for web developers, website designers, software developers and programmers
- Atom – A hackable text editor from GitHub.
- Brackets – Open source code editor for web designers and front-end developers.
- Eclipse – IDE written in Java with an extensible plug-in system.
- Geany – GTK2 text editor.
- GNU Emacs – An extensible, customizable text editor-and more.
- Haroopad – Markdown editor with live preview.
- ICEcoder – Code editor awesomeness, built with common web languages.
- IntellijIDEA – Capable and ergonomic IDE, written in Java, It has a lot of plug-ins.
- jotgit – Git-backed real-time collaborative code editing.
- Light Table – The next generation code editor.
- Lime – Aims to provide an open source solution to Sublime Text
- SciTE – A SCIntilla based Text Editor.
- TextMate – A graphical text editor for OS X.
- Vim – A highly configurable text editor built to enable efficient editing.
- Nano – A popular text editor, by default comes with most Linux distributions.
- Visual Studio Code – Fast, hackable, multi-platform code editor from Microsoft.
Tags: open source code editors, source code editors, source code IDE, software development IDE, IDE, web development IDE, web design IDE, website design IDE, frontend development IDE, text editor, linux text editors, text editors, linux, linux software, front-end developers, linux text editors
License: Awesome sysadmin – This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 ShareAlike International License | Added: tags and Introduction. Image: unsplash License.