A collection of free and open source mail server software, tools and plugins for IMAP, POP3, sendmail, MTA and SMTP server using linux. Sourced under a creative commons. This list will be updated regularly. This list will be updated regularly. Email over the URL, if you wish to be included.
Open Source Mail Servers
Mail Delivery Agents (IMAP/POP3 software).
- Courier IMAP/POP3 – Fast, scalable, enterprise IMAP and POP3 server.
- Cyrus IMAP/POP3 – Intended to be run on sealed servers, where normal users are not permitted to log in.
- Dovecot – IMAP and POP3 server written primarily with security in mind.
- Qpopper – One of the oldest and most popular server implementations of POP3.
Mail Transfer Agents (SMTP servers).
- Exim – Message transfer agent (MTA) developed at the University of Cambridge.
- MailCatcher – Ruby gem that deploys a simply SMTP MTA gateway that accepts all mail and displays in web interface. Useful for debugging or development.
- Maildrop – Open Source disposable email SMTP server, also useful for development.
- OpenSMTPD – Secure SMTP server implementation from the OpenBSD project.
- Postfix – Fast, easy to administer, and secure Sendmail replacement.
- Qmail – Secure Sendmail replacement.
- Sendmail – Message transfer agent (MTA).
Tags: open source, mail server software, mail server tools, mail server plugins, mail server IMAP, mail server POP3, mail server sendmail, mail server MTA, mail server SMTP, smtp server, pop3 server, imap server, smtp mta, sendmail, mail delivery agents, linux mail server, mail server CentOS, mail server Debian, mail server Fedora, mail server openSUSE, mail server Ubuntu
License: Awesome sysadmin – This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 ShareAlike International License | Added: tags and Introduction. Image: unsplash License.